Tuesday 13 March 2012

Slammin

Every music bore reckons that dance music was better when they were a kid and I am absolutely no different. As far as i'm concerened Tom's Diner is definitive proof. I bought this cheeky dance chart compo circa 1990 last year from a ThatsEntertainment shop for 99p and its mint. How good do The KLF still sound? I've been slightly obsessed with Mr Drummond & Mr Cauty since I first heard What Time Is Love when I was 11, buying smash hits to read interviews with them. The rest of the CD is really good but maybe a touch dated(??) yeah whatever, Tricky Disco & Naked In the Rain would still destroy a good dancefloor and anyone who says they don't like I'm Free is just lying to themselves.
I've mixed it all together on the laptop and although its a little rough and ready at times its still pretty banging.
Or crucial or something.


Slammin - Right click & Saveas

Tracklist -
DNA – Tom's Diner
Young MC – I Come Off (Southern Comfort Edit)
A Tribe Called Quest – Bonita Applebum (7" Why? Edit)
Soup Dragons, The – I'm Free
Maureen* – Thinking Of You
Primal Scream – Come Together
Bocca Juniors – Raise (63 Steps To Heaven) - Redskin Rock
Sting – Englishman In New York
Dream Warriors – Wash Your Face In My Sink (Radio Mix)
The KLF – What Time Is Love? (Live At Trancentral)
Awesome 3 – Hard Up (Willy Nilly Mix)
Technotronic – Rockin' Over The Beat
49ers – Touch Me (Sexual Version)
Tricky Disco – Tricky Disco
Jazzi P – Feel The Rhythm
DNA – La Serenissima
Yazz – Treat Me Good
Blue Pearl – Naked In The Rain (Radio Mix)

No comments: